It’s that time of year where there are constant parties and potlucks galore. I like to try to bring stand out dishes to my friend’s homes and this cranberry pecan cheeseball is complete winner. I made it for a friendsgiving I attended and everyone liked it so much that I had to recreate it for my actual family Thanksgiving. The presentation makes it look like it is store bought but it is actually super simple to make! Another great tip is that you can prep this the night before an event so you don’t have to be rushing around the day of trying to whip something up. This allows the flavors to really combine and your friends will seriously scarf this down before you know it. Also, the dried cranberries add the perfect touch to give a typical cheeseball a festive touch this holiday season.
Cranberry Pecan Cheeseball
via Real Housemoms
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup craisins (I used the low sugar version)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spread chopped pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let completely cool before use.
- Stir together the cream cheese and cheddar until it's evenly combined.
- Add in the craisins, green onions and parsley to the cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Form the cheese into a ball shape.
- Roll the cheese ball around on the pecans to completely coat the outside of the ball.
- Completely cover with plastic wrap or in an airtight container and store overnight or at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to mix.