Shop The Post:
Today I am saying hello to the last year of my twenties as I turn 29 today! It’s hard to believe the big 3-0 is right around the corner. Eek! Wasn’t I just turning 21 last year? Anyways, since it’s my birthday I thought I would share 29 things about me so you all can really get to know the real Kim. Hope you enjoy!
1. I am beyond extremely blessed to have married the sweetest and most caring guy on the planet. He not only takes majority of my pictures for the blog but also has been beyond supportive about my blogging. Every day is an adventure and I love doing life with you Derek Myers!
2. I started dancing at the age of 3. I loved every moment of performing and being involved in a competitive dance company. I even went on to dance in college at Stephen F. Austin State University on their Pom Squad (Axe Em Jacks!) While I don’t dance professionally or teach anymore, dance was such a large part of my life and will always be in my life. You can ALWAYS find me on the dance floor at weddings and events.
3. I was an EXTREMELY picky eater as a kid. I thankfully grew out of that and love to try new foods and restaurants.
4. “I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite!” I would say 99% of the time I have a smile on my face and it really is difficult for me to keep a stern face.
5. Carbs=Life. If I could live off of biscuits, croissants and breadbaskets I would be the happiest girl on the planet…. and also 50 pounds heavier.
6. I hate the words moist, crusty and sack more than anything. I cringed just writing them.
7. I love to travel. I went overseas for the first time last summer and now have a major travel bug! Derek and I are going to Santorini, Greece this summer and I could not be more excited!
8. After I graduated college I worked for a full service catering company where I work some truly amazing and extravagant events. I still love to help people plan weddings and attend events! I just got burned out of working every weekend and holiday.
9. I hate being the center of attention. I feel very awkward when all eyes are on me.
10. If I didn’t work out I would be one stressed out person. Working out is my stress reliever and something I truly love to do.
11. I grew up never having any pets. I lived with 3 dogs in college and now am the proud dog momma to a lab (Lacey) and golden retriever/chow mix (Mia). I can’t imagine not having pets in my life anymore.
12. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. I can’t go a day with out at least a tiny bit of something sweet.
13. I am super close with my mom. We talk at least twice a day and she is my biggest supporter and best friend.
14. I buy almost all of my clothes on sale or marked down. I love finding high-end pieces at a discount! Don’t get me wrong, I splurge every now and then but I love a good deal.
15. Girl time is essential to my happiness. Whether it is brunch or a night watching girly shows, I have to have have my girl time!
16. My favorite “girly” TV shows include PLL, The bachelor/bachelorette, Dance Moms, Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy.
17. TV Show that Derek and I watch together include Game of Thrones, How to Get Away with Murder, Fixer Upper, Modern Family and The Voice.
18. Derek and I are mildly obsessed with Chip and Joanna from Fixer Upper. I love that they bring a positive family relationship to TV world and let’s be real…they are rock stars! Can we just move to Waco, buy a $10,000 house and have them fix it up for us??
19. I love going to Houston Texans Football games!
20. My celebrity crushes are Justin Timberlake, JJ Watt, Ryan Reynolds and Ryan Gosling.
21. I love the beach and pool days. The sun and water are good for my soul.
22. I have no cousins. Except for my now married into family ones! 🙂 My mom had a brother who never got married and my dad was an only child.
23. I can laugh like Woody Woodpecker.
24. I HATE my feet and toes. Years of dancing will do that!
25. Even though I hate feet, I have a tattoo of a pink heart on my foot. Most people think it is not real because it is pink.
26. I love to cook and bake! My Pinterest board is full of exciting recipes I can’t wait to try.
27. I have an older brother who if my parents had named him Justin his name would have been “Justin Case” TOO GOOD!
28. If I would have received a family name my options were Eunice, Ethel, Queenie or Beulah. Thank god I did not receive one of those!
29. I am so grateful for all of my readers and followers. Thank you for coming along on this crazy blog journey with me! Cheers to 29 and that I’m never turning 30! 😉