Let’s face it…it has been unbelievably hot this August. With the temperature at 105 degrees at least everyday here in Texas, I feel like I’m melting. To be outside you need a pool, cold beverage or some ice cream or a Popsicle to eat! Want the best of both worlds? Today I am sharing with you a bikini friendly treat to beat the heat. What is it you ask? Strawberry Champagne Popsicles! Two of my favorite items together…sign me up! These are super simple to make and a lot lower in sugar then your typical Popsicle. Whip these up to stay cool my friends! I’m not going to lie—-they are absolutely delicious!
- In a small saucepot, combine water, sugar substitute and lemon juice. Bring to a slight boil and boil for 5 minutes or sugar dissolves.
- Cut the stems off the strawberries and cut the strawberries in half.
- Place strawberries in food processor and puree.
- Pour strawberry puree into a bowl and add a cup of champagne and the sugar syrup you made in step 1.
- Mix well and pour mixture into Popsicle molds. Freeze overnight for the best results.