This treat is perfect to whip up for a party, birthday or just because! It is by far the quickest and tastiest treat I have made in a long time. I’m not kidding when I say I could eat all of this in one sitting. We went to a friends house to watch the Oscars last night and I knew this would be the perfect treat to bring along. Sprinkles + popcorn + champagne…ok fine—twist my arm! The great part about this popcorn is that there are just three ingredients and you really don’t have to do any cooking. Just melt some chocolate and that’s it!
I used Orville Redenbacher’s Natural Simply Salted microwave popcorn (it was the healthiest version I could find at the store) and Candiquik Vanilla to coat the popcorn.
- Pop popcorn according to instructions on bag.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and place popped popcorn on baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate according to package and stir.
- Drizzle chocolate over the all the popcorn. You can add as much chocolate as you would like. I did not use all of melted chocolate but coated generously.
- Sprinkle on the sprinkles!
- Mix the popcorn thoroughly. Make sure to do this quickly otherwise the chocolate will harden. Beware as the melted chocolate will be warm!