The crock-pot has to be one of my go-to ways to cook during the week. It makes pulling together a healthy dinner easy and gives you no excuse to not cook. I throw all the ingredients in the crock pot in the morning and come home to a delicious dinner. What’s not to love about that?! I am always seeking Pinterest to find healthy but enticing recipes for my crock-pot. When I found this recipe, I knew I had to try it out. There are so many amazing flavors with the spices and fruit in this dish. This dish also has butternut squash, which is one of my favorite vegetables. I love that it is super similar to a sweet potato but does not have as much starch. If you follow the Paleo Diet, this is the perfect dish for it. I highly recommend you run to the store and get the ingredients to make this dish as soon as possible!
- Layer butternut squash cubes at the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Put half of the onions, pears, and cranberries on top.
- Add 1 bay leaf and sprinkle on half of the spices.
- Add in your cut up chicken on top of the spices.
- Add another layer of your remaining spices and the second bay leaf on top of the chicken.
- Add in the remaining onion, pear and cranberries.
- Pour the chicken broth over the mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours