I’m sure you have seen a million recipes for pumpkin bread out on the web and Pinterest. This is not one of them. I got this recipe from my mom and we make it for Thanksgiving, Christmas and anytime in the fall. I love that this is a basic recipe and just plain ole pumpkin bread. No chocolate chips or icing in this version. I may be biased but I do think it is the best version out there! It is incredibly delicious and full of great flavor.
This recipe makes a large batch, so bring out the mini loaf pans and share this tasty goodness with your friends!
* yields 2 large loaf pans
3 and 1/3 cups of flour
3 cups of sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup of water
1 can of pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl shift together all the dry ingredients. Flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Once the the dry ingredients are mixed, add in the remaining wet ingredients. Vegetable oil, eggs, water and pumpkin. Mix until smooth.
- Bake in two large loaf pans or in multiple mini loaf pans. Make sure to grease the pans before pouring the mixture into them
- Bake for 1 hour. Check to make sure the center is fully cooked with a toothpick. Nothing should stick to the toothpick.
- Let cool for about ten minutes and enjoy!