Breakfast…it’s whats for dinner! This is one of my favorite dishes to throw together because it is quick, easy and delicious. I LOVE green chilies and would add them to any dish if I could. This crust-less casserole is low carb and a great source of protein.
6 large eggs
1/4 cup milk (I used Fat Free Milk)
1 cup Mexican Style Blend Cheese
1 pound turkey sausage (I used a hot italian version)
7 oz can of mild diced green chilies
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook sausage until browned and no longer pink. Drain the grease and set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, cheese, green chilies, salt and pepper. Add sausage to the mixture.
- Grease a 9″ baking pan and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes and check to make sure cooked all the way through. Dish is done when a fork is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
You can eat this plain or wrapped in a tortilla. We had it plain and topped with salsa!